While you may not have ever had a run-in with sewer line clogs and sewer line leaks, research shows that 20% to 35% of all homes have a leaky toilet, at least, so you’re probably a little familiar with plumbing. But before you have to call for plumbing repair, it’s good to have at least a little bit of information on the subject of your call to the plumbing company. To help you get ready, here are some fun facts about plumbing and plumbing repair. You can even read them while you’re on the toilet. (But not if you have a clogged sewer line.)
1. – When a leaky faucet drips at a rate of one drip per second, it can waste more than 3,000 gallons of water every year. That’s enough to fill a truck!
2. – Albert Einstein said that if he could live his life all over again, that he would be a plumber. He was even made an honorary member of the Plumbers and Steamfitters Union.
3. – Depending on how many people are living in your home, you’ll need to have your septic tank pumped every five to seven years.
4. – With 8 million pounds of popcorn, 28 million pounds of potato chips, and 1 billion chicken wings consumed every year during the super bowl, it’s no wonder that the toilet is flushed more times during half time than any other time of the year.
5. – On October 25, 1760, King George II of Great Britain died when he fell off the toilet.
6. – Three out of four people prefer their toilet paper to have the flap in the front, according to a recent study. (The study cost more than $100,000. Was it really worth it?)
To find out more about your home’s plumbing and how it works, visit your local plumbing repair company.